Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Whimsical pink and purple floral nail art

Hey everyone. Today I have nails from quite some time ago - a couple of months, I think. It's another whimsy floral design, nothing too hard to accomplish if you're looking to try this design out.

Taken with flash
I started out with Love & Beauty - pale blue as a base for all my nails. I used 2 coats. Then I used a nail art brush to create the flowers with different pink polishes (I can't remember what colors I used, sorry!). Against the blue base, the pink polish turned kinda purple as you can see in the photos.

On my ring finger, I planned on painting a field of tulips so I striped on Sally Hansen - Lickety Lime Split (also the same green polish I used for the leaves). I don't know why I decided to add black polish but after I did, I was like, What?! Why did you do that? >< It looks like spilt engine oil...

Taken with flash

Taken with flash
I covered the black polish up with a darker green polish which I also used to create some depth in the leaves. Then I dabbed on some random yellow, pink and red polish to create my tulip garden.

Part of the idea to paint a tulip garden came from an art class I took in college. I really enjoyed studying the Impressionist-era paintings; I thought the style was so me - big brush strokes, vivid colors, spontaneous painting. So the tulip garden was kind of my Monet moment, I suppose..? Haha.

Taken with flash

Taken under yellow lighting

Taken in natural sunlight
I love this last photo best. The sunlight wasn't too strong and it seems to be giving this ethereal glow which is so pretty!

What do you think of this floral nail design? If you'd like to see a tutorial, just leave a comment and I'll do a step-by-step.

Thanks so much for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading comments - they make my day! I always and eventually reply to comments because I appreciate receiving feedback.
If you're reading an old post of mine and love it, don't hesitate to comment. I love seeing love for my designs/posts no matter when I post them.
If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest as well. xx