Tuesday, August 27, 2013

China Glaze - Infra Red and Elephant Walk

I bring you my first ever holographic polish and a fall favorite of mine.

Taken with flash

Taken in natural sunlight
I've probably got you thinking, why is she holding two bottles of polish that aren't even the colors that she's wearing?! Sorry there, I was actually trying to swatch four colors at one go and I grabbed the nearest two bottles which happened to be the other two colors I was swatching.

Anyway, I'm wearing 2 coats each of China Glaze - Infra-Red and China Glaze - Elephant Walk. Unlike Impeccable Greys which is the other grey polish that I own, Elephant Walk is a much subtler grey and has just the finest shimmer in it. I love it. It does have this yellowish pigmentation if you leave the polish in the bottle for too long without shaking it so remember to give it a good shake before applying. Elephant Walk applies smoothly and reaches full opacity in just 2 coats. Great color for fall.

Infra-Red is not as holographic as I expected it to be so that was a bit of a let-down. It is a nice fuchsia though. I have tried layering it over black polish (not pictured here) and it definitely looked snazzy so you could try that with other holographic polishes.

I do wish I had picked another China Glaze holographic polish off the shelf... I was checking out at Sally Beauty in the US and the display of holographic polishes caught my eye. I think they were going at $5.95 and I couldn't resist. I'd already seen the swatches of the collection online and I don't know why I convinced myself that Infra-Red was one of the stronger holos of the collection. :S Blergh, oh well, I guess I have to wait till I get to travel again to get my hands on other CG holo polishes.

Do you own any holographic polishes? Which ones? What do you think of holos anyway? What is your go-to color for the fall or do you not have one?

Thank you for reading!

P.S: I am now on Polyvore! Thanks to Grace (love her blog!) who convinced me in a heartbeat that it's easy to use. Haha, my mom actually asked me to join it months ago but I was convinced that I wouldn't know how to use it.

I'm all for sites that I don't have to mess around with for hours before figuring out how to work it. Needless to say, once I get the hang of Polyvore there will be no stopping me from making sets all day long.

If you're into fashion, you can also check out my main site which now mainly consists of fashion posts though once in a while you will see posts on music and other stuff.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I love that infra-red colour, really eye-catching and flattering too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a knack for nails!! My daughter is great at it too. I'm sitting here with one hand painted, and one not because I got busy in the middle of doing it, ha! That's hilarious to me, I've got to fix it before we go out. ;)

    Thanks for sharing your pretty nails at Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yay another nail lover :D Haha don't worry, sometimes I get distracted and forget to paint my other hand too.

      Delete
  3. At this point in my life I do not put on nail polish to often, except my toe nails. Living in Louisiana and wearing flip flops most of the time I think polished toe nails look better. Although my 22 year old daughter loves doing her nails, this post reminded me of her.

    Thanks for sharing on Tuesdays With a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce! Yay for more nail polish lovers. :D I don't paint my toe nails enough and when I do I wonder why I don't do it more often. You might have just inspired me to do my toes this week. xx

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading comments - they make my day! I always and eventually reply to comments because I appreciate receiving feedback.
If you're reading an old post of mine and love it, don't hesitate to comment. I love seeing love for my designs/posts no matter when I post them.
If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest as well. xx