Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Parachute - Overnight nail art

I am SO excited to show you these nails today! If you've been following my Twitter account, you'll know that I've been anticipating Parachute's new album Overnight. Well, today's the day! Overnight released at midnight today so go get it, guys!!

First off, I HEART Parachute. What more can I say?! Secondly, I'm loving most of the songs off Overnight. I'm not crazy about the four songs they released yesterday but the rest are AMAZING. Will's voice just blows me away. I love all their acoustic versions - it's all so raw and stripped down which is just the way music should be appreciated.

I digress! I knew I had to do Parachute nails right after I listened to The Other Side for the first time. It is by far my FAVORITE track off the album and I don't know who could NOT like it. I actually did these nails twice because I didn't like the way the design on my middle, ring and little finger turned out. Double effort for you guys ;)

So here it is:

Taken with flash
Let me explain what each nail design is about:
  • Thumb: Overnight album cover.
  • Index: A hurricane to symbolize their song Hurricane which is really good.
  • Middle: I got this logo off their site. It's their Parachute Flight Crew logo which is their fanclub.
  • Ring: It's a parachute... though I think it doesn't really look like one.
  • Little: White, red and blue symbolize Will's love for 4th of July which I believe he proclaimed is his favorite holiday of the year. Also, I didn't do 4th of July nails this year so I thought what the heck, let's kill two birds with one stone even though I'm, hmm, more than a month late.

Taken under yellow lighting
How I did these nails:
  • Thumb: I used Orly - Charged Up as the base and sponged on some pink and orange polish then I used a black nail art pen to draw their silhouettes, painted the tip of my nail purple (not the same purple as their cover ~_~) and used white polish to create the light effect. Then I dabbed on China Glaze - Fairy Dust to mimic the twinkling lights in the distance.
  • Index: I used Orly - Snowcone as a base, sponged on China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss to create the ground and used a black nail art pen to scribble the hurricane.
  • Middle: I started off with China Glaze - White on White, used a nail art brush to paint the blue curve at the base of my nail, the red stripes and finally painted the rest of my nail blue.
  • Ring: I used Love & Beauty - pale blue as the base, used a black nail art pen to draw the outline of the hurricane then filled in the parachute with pink, purple and orange polish.
  • Little: Started with China Glaze - White on White as a base, sponged on the red and blue, voila!

Sealed my design off with Seche Vite.

Taken in natural sunlight

Taken in natural sunlight

Taken in natural sunlight
Like the BioShock nails that I did, I hope I did the album cover justice. I feel like I could have done more to make them look more realistic but at the same time I just wanted it to be simple.. Tell me what you think.

Other images from Google and weareparachute.com
Oh, I used an app to create this collage so that y'all can see what my inspiration was behind each nail except for the hurricane and pinky design.

Thanks so much for reading! Hope you love Parachute as much as I do.

P.S (haha, if for whatever reason any of you find my blog - I'm hopeful): Will, Nate, Kit, Alex and Johnny, my sister and I love you guys! When are you guys going on a world tour? We would LOVE to see you in concert!

P.S.S: You can listen to all the songs off Overnight on their soundcloud here!  You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading comments - they make my day! I always and eventually reply to comments because I appreciate receiving feedback.
If you're reading an old post of mine and love it, don't hesitate to comment. I love seeing love for my designs/posts no matter when I post them.
If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest as well. xx