Friday, September 13, 2013

Party glitter all over Essie - Play Date

Hey everyone, today I have some really cute glitter toppers to show you. Sadly I do not own any of them but I got to try them on my nails and that was good enough for me.

I don't have the names of any of these glitters :( I walked into a store randomly and they had a nail polish testing section (awesome!) so I layered them over my nails that were painted with Essie - Play Date and they turned out brilliant.

Taken in sunlight

Taken with flash

  • Little finger: a black and white glitter mix (bar, square, circle and hexagonal glitter)
  • Ring finger: red and purple bar glitter
  • Middle finger: a mix of glitter in multiple shapes and colors (red, blue, purple, silver, turquoise, white in squares, circles, bars and hexagons)
  • Index finger: a mix of red, dark and light blue, purple bar glitter and a rare gold hexagon.

I love them all; I can't seem to pick just one! Also, isn't Essie - Play Date the best color to layer glitter over?

Which is your favorite glitter mix?

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the one on your third finger! It reminds me of Deborah Lippmann's "birthday" mix :)

    xx
    Style Vancity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kayla. Yeah, it does look a bit like DL's 'birthday', right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Essie color! I like all of the glitter toppers, but I love the middle finger! What a fun mani! :) Thanks for linking up with the nail files! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. It's a gorgeous purple, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. It's hard for me to pick a fave too, they all look great. If hard-pressed I'd choose the pinky. :)

    Thank you for linking up to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Rosey. Good choice! The black and white is pretty special.

      Delete
  5. I love glitters, and I love the idea of a nail painting station to try out colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Essie is a fab base for glitter! I think that I love the glitter on your middle finger best; there's so much variety! I have Maybelline's Black Tie somethingorother (haha, I can't remember the exact name) and it has black and white chunks (no glitter) and I love putting it over pastels because they really pop! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! Isn't this the best lilac-ish base?! And I agree - that glitter bomb? Amazing!
      I wasn't sure I liked the black and white one until I put it on and was like WOW.

      Delete
  7. Glitter is the best...I think it makes any polish better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEfinitely! You and my sister would get along really well, haha!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by! Oh, great tip!! Thank you so much- I'll be sure to do that next time!

    Same here with the taupe and blue tones! Thank once again!

    Sincerely,
    Aishah

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading comments - they make my day! I always and eventually reply to comments because I appreciate receiving feedback.
If you're reading an old post of mine and love it, don't hesitate to comment. I love seeing love for my designs/posts no matter when I post them.
If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest as well. xx